This Privacy notice describe Istanbul Okan University (Open Innovation Autonomous Vehicle Development and Testing Center) (“OPINA”) processes (e.g. collect, use, share, store and otherwise process) personal information of you (“User”) when the User registers for services the website of OPINA.
Who is processing?
Istanbul Okan University (Open Innovation Autonomous Vehicle Development and Testing Center operated under Okan University]).
Address: Istanbul Okan Universitesi Tuzla Kampüsü, 34959,
Akfırat, Tuzla, İstanbul
Phone: 0216 677 16 30
Which data does OPINA process?
The OPINA collects personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, company name, company e-mail, company website) (“Personal Information”) which is relevant and necessary for connecting the OPINA website and providing the services you wish to subscribe to.
How OPINA collects your information?
OPINA collects Personal Information by physical and electronic means. The User directly provides OPINA with most of the data collected by registering online on the OPINA website, attending to events and organizations, as well as User’s preferences/connection properties/browser preferences using Google Analytics.
How will OPINA use your data?
OPINA collects the User’s data so that OPINA can email and send you newsletters with Professional Information on the activities of our cluster.
What purpose OPINA collects the Personal Information?
When the User registers to a service through the website of OPINA, the User will be asked to give specific information needed to provide the specific service to her/himself. The specific purpose of the processing is made known or defined in connection to the collection of the Personal Information e.g. when placing an order, forming an agreement or otherwise registering on one of the functions of our websites, which currently is collaboration under the forum and using the website’s interactive functions.
OPINA will not use the User’s Personal Information for other purposes which are not compatible with the original purpose for which the Personal Information was collected without the User’s explicit consent. Compilation for statistical purposes is considered compatible with the original purpose.
OPINA collects and processes Personal Information without seeking the explicit consent of the data subject only in cases where one of the following conditions is met:
- It is expressly provided for by the laws.
- It is necessary for the protection of life or physical integrity of the person himself/herself or of any other person, who is unable to explain his/her consent due to the physical disability or whose consent is not deemed legally valid.
- Processing of Personal Information of the parties of a contract is necessary, provided that it is directly related to the establishment or performance of the contract.
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject.
- Personal Information have been made public by the data subject himself/herself.
- Data processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or protection of any right.
- Processing of Personal Information is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the data controller, provided that this processing shall not violate the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
Legal basis for the processing
The legal basis for processing of the User’ Personal Information will often be to fulfil the agreement the User has entered or is about to enter with OPINA. OPINA may also be processing Personal Information based on legal obligations set by law. In some cases OPINA bases the processing on the User’s explicit consent. Where the legal basis for processing is the User’s consent, the User may revoke the consent at any time and discontinue to receive the service.
OPINA shares Personal Information with its subsidiaries, business partners, suppliers and other service providers outside of OPINA, as well as to the public authorities in case such transfer has legal basis in the law.
In particular, OPINA transfers Personal Information collected by OPINA to companies outside OPINA for the purpose of website analytics and mailing.
OPINA may make use of a number of service suppliers for its IT-operation and IT-operational support. In the event such suppliers have access to Personal Information collected or processed by OPINA, the supplier acts as sub-processor according to written agreement and instructions from OPINA. OPINA is responsible for ensuring that the use of such service suppliers are compliant to personal data protection regulations.
Updating and correction of information
OPINA strives to keep any registered Personal Information updated at all times. Sometimes we are depended on getting new information from the User as the data subject, sometimes we subscribe to updates from public registers. If the delivery of a service is subject to the User’s maintaining Personal Information this will be mentioned on the website in connection to the order procedure or in the terms & conditions for the relevant service.
Retention of information
The Personal Information provided to OPINA is processed and stored in the cloud for the particular purpose is collected for as long as the particular purpose is valid and after this for a limited time on-site premises due to purposely determined back-up and deletion routines. The User always require withdrawal of the Personal Information via unsubscribing the newsletter account or by mailing the OPINA.
Privacy policies of other websites
Transfers to Abroad
In some cases, Personal Information may be transferred to countries outside of Turkey and the EU. Such transfers will only take place subject to appropriate safeguards are in place for the transfer such as:
- The country has been deemed by the authorities in Turkey and Commission of the European Union to have an adequate level of protection of Personal Information,
- The country has not been deemed by the the authorities in Turkey and Commission of the European Union to have an adequate level of protection of Personal Information, but OPINA provides appropriate safeguards for the transfer through the use of “Model Contracts for the Transfer of Personal Information to Third Countries”, as published by the Commission of the European Union, or any other contractual agreement approved by the competent authorities, or in regard to transfer of personal information to the US
- The company to which the transfer is to take place is approved under the Privacy Shield principles.
OPINA is dedicated to protecting Personal Information. We have adopted internal security policies and instructed OPINA employees accordingly in order to comply with applicable legislation on Personal Data Protection. OPINA has implemented appropriate procedures and security measures to protect Personal Information from being destroyed, lost or altered, publicised unlawfully and against being disclosed to unauthorised persons or otherwise processed contrary to applicable Personal Data Protection legislation.
User’s rights as a data subject:
- to request access to Personal Information, its process and purposes thereof.
- to request for rectification or erasure of the Personal Information and notification to third parties in case of incorrect processing.
- to request the identity of the third parties that the rights transferred in and out of the country
- to object to the processing of Personal Information and have the processing of Personal Information restricted.
- to object to the processing of Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- If processing of Personal Information is based on the User’s consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of the User will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before withdrawing the consent. The User may withdraw the consent for a specific service by following the instructions for the specific service.
- to request for damages, in case of unlawful processing of Personal Information,
- to request for erasure of Personal Information, in case of the underlying reason for processing is no longer valid.
- to receive Personal Information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability).
- to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, e.g. The Personal Data Protection Authority.
- to request to be compensated in case of breach of data privacy rights.
In case of a request, OPINA has one month to respond to the User. You can take steps to exercise your rights by via email, or printing/filling and physically mailing the form in the website.
The contact details of OPINA Data Protection Officer is as follows:
Email address: [email protected]