European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Urban Mobility aims to influence urban mobility start-ups as an investor, while the Business Creation Programme aims to lead activities related to programmes that support start-ups.
EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator Programme Calls, which will take mobility start-ups to the next level and opened around five main themes, will accept applications between 21 July – 21 September 2022. For detailed information, you can review the Call Document.
Who can Benefit from It?
EIT Urban Mobility Accelerators will support innovative mobility start-ups whose current technology readiness levels are between TRL 4 and TRL 7. Current accelerator programmes are as follows: 5GTURBO, E+ Mobility, Energy and Public Realm, Sustainable City Logistics and Urban Air Mobility. The Business Creation Programme aims to expand its portfolio with a maximum of three new accelerators. There will be a supported start-up group each year in the programme.
This Call for Proposals is open to organisations in the Member States of the European Union (EU) and the associated countries to Horizon Europe, including Türkiye. All project proposals must consist of at least two different partners and at least one of which should be an EU member.
Scope of the Support and Funding Opportunities
The total maximum EIT funding allocated to this call for 2023-2025 is up to 2,880,000.00 EUR (320,000.00 EUR proposal/year).
In addition to funding opportunities, support scope covers mentoring and coaching, technology development, product-market fit, business model fine-tuning and other valuable acceleration services.
Areas to be Supported
Accelerators are encouraged to submit a proposal for one of the following areas.
- Mobility Accelerator of the Future
- Data Security Accelerator (focuses on start-ups addressing security issues related to urban mobility data)
- Hardware solutions for mobility – HW Accelerator (for urban mobility)
- Active Mobility Accelerator
- Ecosystem Accelerator (access to leading startup ecosystems)
- Call opening: 21 July 2022
- Call closing: 21 September 2022 at 17:00 CET
- Selection procedure: September 2022
- Communication of results: November 2022
Applications will be made through the Plaza Platform. Link for applications: https://plaza.eiturbanmobility.eu/SITE/PRIVATE/GO/login.aspx
Membership in the EIT Urban Mobility Network
All partners involved in projects deemed eligible for support will be required to become members of the EIT Urban Mobility Network with one of the following membership categories when starting their projects:
- Gold Membership: They pay an annual fee of 30,000 EUR and have full access to all the advantage packages offered.
- Silver Membership: They pay an annual fee of 10,000 EUR and have limited access to all advantage packages.
- In the case of Small Businesses and NGOs, a reduced fee of 5,000 EUR per year will be applied.
- Leading Cities: Cities are offered a special membership package:
- Cities can benefit from gold membership opportunities with an annual fee of 10,000 EUR.
- Cities with a population of less than 300,000 can pay a reduced annual fee of 5,000 EUR.
Moreover, Türkiye is in the Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) country category for EIT UM. Applicants from RIS countries that are already EIT Urban Mobility partners will be required to pay an annual fee. Those who applied (excluding large companies) in the partnership category that they choose from RIS countries that are new to EIT Urban Mobility will be subject to a 2-year fee. The first calendar year of project implementation will not charge a membership fee. The silver membership conditions will be applied automatically for the second calendar year.
Detailed descriptions of all packages, and terms and conditions were summarised on the partnership website: https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/become-a-partner/
You can watch the recordings of the briefing sessions to learn about the requirements specific to the call and to receive training on the preparation and submission of your proposal:
- Website of the Call: https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/call-for-business-creation-for-the-business-plan-2023-2025/
- For your questions about the Content of the Call [email protected]
- For Legal, Financial, Administrative and Technical procedures [email protected]
- For news content and general questions about Horizon Europe Mobility, you can contact us at [email protected]